Australians Caring for Children Inc (ACC) is primarily concerned with the support for families who have adopted, or are in the process of adopting, children from overseas countries, and with the giving of financial assistance to a number of orphanages and children’s homes overseas.
Management of ACC
As a charity registered under the Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 (Reg No CFN13346) ACC has a Management Committee that meets regularly to plan activities, review financial reports and agree donations and projects. The Annual General Meeting is normally in October each year at which elections are held. There are Sub-Committees for Fundraising, Social and Sponsorship activities.
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in the objectives of ACC. There are over 200 family members of ACC. For membership information please contact us at our email address or write to The Treasurer, ACC, PO Box 7182, BONDI BEACH, NSW, 2026. The annual Membership/Subscription Fee is $55 per family.
Download membership form
- Access to a number of Host Families throughout Sydney and NSW regional and rural centres who will share experiences with couples who are applying for overseas adoption or in the early months with their newly adopted child.
- Regular newsletters that keep members informed about adoption issues, news of newly adoptive families and ACC activities as well as our sponsorship program.
- Library of books and articles covering early childhood subjects, adoption experiences and other relevant references.
- Playgroups for pre-school children.
- Social functions such as Children’s Christmas Party, Picnics, Quiz Nights and Dinners.
- Sponsorship program to give regular financial support to children in overseas orphanages (see Fundraising)